23 March 2021
This August, Copenhagen 2021 will host EuroGames and WorldPride in venues across Copenhagen and Malmö. And we need Venue Managers for each of the venues hosting the EuroGames sports tournaments.
We have 29 different sports tournaments taking place in venues as diverse as Amager Strand and Grøndal Multicenter, and Istadion and Baltiska Hallen in Malmö. You can see all the venues marked in blue in our interactive maps.
In the position as Venue Manager for one of our EuroGames sports venues, you have responsibility for every practical aspect around the tournament. To succeed in the position you will be joined by up to three Venue Coordinators, for whom you have the leadership responsibility.
The role requires a lot of coordination both before and during the event. You are responsible for coordinating meetings between Tournament Organizers, Project Managers and Coordinators to make sure everything is aligned before the event and are the contact person to Copenhagen 2021.
The primary responsibilities before the event are:
- Overview and arrangement of added spaces
- Create a structured timeline for the venue
- Overview of volunteer need and tasks and communication of these to the Volunteer Coordinator
- Look into branding and decoration possibilities
- Plan the framework for a good and safe spectator experience
It is important that you have in mind that the event is for LGBTI+ people and needs to be inclusive and safe for everyone. During the event, which will take place from 17 – 20 August you are responsible for a team of volunteers.
What’s in it for you?
Aside from meeting new people, making new friends and learning new skills, as a Venue Manager you’ll get:
- Certified project management education
- Refreshments during your shift
- Our official volunteer clothing exclusively produced by hummel, including a t-shirt, hoodie, cap and bag, depending on your hours of work
- A sustainable Pantone™ drinking bottle
- Discount at selected bars, restaurants and partner retailers
- Unique social and other activities before, during and after the event
To apply, please send your resumé with a short statement on why you’d like to join the Copenhagen 2021 team, to email@example.com. Closing date Friday 30 April.