The tournament for Ballroom Dancing will take place Tuesday, August 17 to Friday, August 20, 2021 at Hal C in Copenhagen.
The tournament offers five different dance categories:
In Standard, Latin, and 10-dance, you can participate by dancing male-male, female-female, or all genders.
In showdance, you can participate as a couple or as a team with 8-20 on each team (In showdance there are no gender regulations).
If you participate in Handidance, you must have a dance partner and one of you must be physically disable and in need of a wheelchair.
All leagues will be divided into Open and Senior.
For the first round of the tournament, all participants will be competing against each other in their category. All participants will qualify for a class and be divided into A, B, C, or D. After that, you will be competing in your given class.
The tournament will be judged according to the ESSDA rules. You can find them here.
|Tuesday August 17|
Morning and afternoon session
Mixed/ non-binary adult standard
Female 10 dance
Male 10 dance
|Wednesday August 18|
Mixed/ non-binary 10 dance
Male senior latin
Mixed/ non-binary senior latin
Female adult latin
Male adult standard
|Thursday August 19|
Female senior latin
Mixed/ non-binary senior standard
Show Groups (presentation)
Female adult standard
Male adult latin
|Friday August 20|
Mixed/ non-binary adult latin
Female senior standard
Male senior standard
Social dancing/ ball
*We welcome handi dance, and we will schedule it according to the requirements of the dancers, who register.
*The combined age of the dance partners will be calculated for the senior competition results as well as for the adult. Senior couples will not need to compete twice.
The participation fee for EGLSF-members is 90 Euros and 120 Euros for non-members.
There is a supplementary fee of 15 Euros to help us cover the higher costs of the ballroom dancing tournament.
When you sign up as an athlete for EuroGames 2021, you will have plenty of benefits and offers at our International mega event, Copenhagen 2021.
- You will participate in a professionally organized tournament
- You can be a part of the EuroGames Opening Ceremony on Wednesday, August 18
- You can be part of the EuroGames Closing Ceremony and take part in the WorldPride Parade on Saturday, August 21
- You have access to the Sports Village
- You have access to affordable accommodation in Copenhagen and Malmö
- You have affordable fees for public transportation in Copenhagen and Malmö
- You have access to pre-sale tickets for signature parties
- You have access to a lot of sports, human rights, arts, and cultural events in Copenhagen and Malmö from August 12 – 22, 2021
The ballroom dancing competition will take place at Hal C in central Copenhagen. The venue has a beautiful view and is located just next to the canals of Copenhagen.
Copenhagen 2021 is organizing the tournament in cooperation with the Nordic Open organizers, Kasper Bang Jensen and Niels Henrik Hartvigson from Pan Dans.
All of the above is subject to change.