The chess tournament will take place on Friday, August 20, 2021 in Copenhagen.
The chess tournaments will be offered at two levels:
Recreational level: can move the pieces, occasionally leisure player, maybe once in a while on the internet, or in parks if the opportunity arises.
Competitive level: playing with some or a lot of experience, maybe a member of a chess club or internet chess club.
The tournament will be judged according to the rules of the International Chess Federation (FIDE). You can find them here.
A more detailed program for the tournament will follow.
Registration opens autumn 2020. The participation fee for EGLSF-members is 90 Euros and 120 Euros for non-members.
When you sign up as an athlete for EuroGames 2021, you will have plenty of benefits and offers at our International mega event, Copenhagen 2021.
- You will participate in a professionally organized tournament
- You can be a part of the EuroGames Opening Ceremony on Wednesday, August 18
- You can be part of the EuroGames Closing Ceremony and take part in the WorldPride Parade on Saturday, August 21
- You have access to the Sports Village
- You have access to affordable accommodation in Copenhagen and Malmö
- You have affordable fees for public transportation in Copenhagen and Malmö
- You have access to pre-sale tickets for signature parties
- You have access to a lot of sports, human rights, arts, and cultural events in Copenhagen and Malmö from August 12 – 22, 2021
The tournament will take place at Kulturhuset Islands Brygge in Copenhagen. It is a community centre with a beautiful view down to the waterfront. The venue is also next to the Sports Village, where you will find a lot of activities and meet with other EuroGames athletes.
Copenhagen 2021 is organizing the tournament in cooperation with the Danish Chess Union.
All of the above is subject to change.