The football tournament will take place Wednesday, August 18 to Friday, August 20, 2021 at Valby Sports Park in Copenhagen.
The football tournament will offer a tournament for teams with female-identified players, male-identified players and all genders teams.
For the female-identified teams, the competition will be a 7 on 7 game. All teams will play on the Recreational level.
The tournament for male-identified teams, will contain 7 on 7 and 11 player game. The tournament will have a Recreational or Competitive level.
The tournament for all genders teams will contain 7 on 7 and 11 player game. The tournament will have a Recreational and Competitive level.
It is possible to register for the tournament as a team or without one. If you register as “no team”, we will help you find one.
The tournament will be judged according to FIFA’s rules. You can find them here.
A more detailed program for the tournament will follow.
The participation fee for EGLSF-members is 90 Euros and 120 Euros for non-members.
When you sign up as an athlete for EuroGames 2021, you will have plenty of benefits and offers at our international mega event, Copenhagen 2021.
- You will participate in a professionally organized tournament
- You can be a part of the EuroGames Opening Ceremony on Wednesday, August 18
- You can be part of the EuroGames Closing Ceremony and take part in the WorldPride Parade on Saturday, August 21
- You have access to the Sports Village
- You have access to affordable accommodation in Copenhagen and Malmö
- You have affordable fees for public transportation in Copenhagen and Malmö
- You have access to pre-sale tickets for signature parties
- You have access to a lot of sports, human rights, arts, and cultural events in Copenhagen and Malmö from August 12 – 22, 2021
The tournament will take place at Valby Sports Park in Copenhagen. The venue contains several sports facilities, such as 25 football fields (both artificial and field grass), three sports courts at Valby Hallen and Gammel Valby hal with one sports court. The venue is 15 minutes from downtown Copenhagen by public transport and approx. 20 minutes by bike.
Besides football, Valby Sports Park will also host tournaments in field hockey, floorball, and volleyball. Next to the football courts, you will find Hafnia Hallen which is the venue for the beach volley tournament.
At Valby Sports Park you will find Vandkulturhus which contains a 25-meter swimming pool and a wellness area with infrared sauna, panorama sauna and an aroma sauna. It is public and will be possible to use against (a fair) payment.
All of the above is subject to change.