The five and ten km runs will take place Thursday, August 19, 2021. They will be a part of the annual Danish running competition called BMW Havneløb, produced by Sparta.
For the running tournament you will need to either register for the 5km or 10km. The tournement will be divide into the following age categories:
- 70 and above
You will be able to register yourself as either male-iidentified, female-identified or non-binary.
The tournament will be judged according to the rules of the International Association of Athletics Federation. You can find them here.
A more detailed program for the tournament will follow.
The participation fee for EGLSF-members is 90 Euros and 120 Euros for non-members.
When you sign up as an athlete for EuroGames 2021, you will have plenty of benefits and offers at our international mega event, Copenhagen 2021.
- You will participate in a professionally organized tournament
- You can be a part of the EuroGames Opening Ceremony on Wednesday, August 18
- You can be part of the EuroGames Closing Ceremony and take part in the WorldPride Parade on Saturday, August 21
- You have access to the Sports Village
- You have access to affordable accommodation in Copenhagen and Malmö
- You have affordable fees for public transportation in Copenhagen and Malmö
- You have access to pre-sale tickets for signature parties
- You have access to a lot of sports, human rights, arts, and cultural events in Copenhagen and Malmö from August 12 – 22, 2021
The five and ten km routes will take you through the beautiful surroundings by Copenhagen Harbor. The start and finish area is by Gefionspringvandet and the race takes place right at Langelinie waterfront and Kastellet. The ten km run will consist in two loops of five km each.
Copenhagen 2021 is organizing the competitions in cooperation with Pan Idræt’s Running team, Copenhagen Frontrunners, International Frontrunners and the Danish running and athletic organization, Sparta.
All of the above is subject to change.