The swimming tournament will take place Wednesday, August 18 to Friday, August 20, 2021 at Bellahøj Aqua Arena in Copenhagen.
You can participate in up to three different individual disciplines. The tournament will feature the following disciplines:
- Freestyle: 50, 100, 200, 400, 800 and 1500
- Breast-stroke: 50, 100 and 200
- Backstroke: 50, 100 and 200
- Butterfly: 50, 100 and 200
- Individual medley: 200 and 400
If you participate in the swimming competition, you can compete in a relay as well. The disciplines in the relay are:
- Freestyle: 4×50, 4×100 and 4×200
- Medley: 4×50 and 4×100
If you want to join a relay competition, you must already be registered and have received your ID number. When you want to sign up to the relay tournament, you must use you and your teammates’ ID number. They will all receive an e-mail where they must confirm the relay registration.
The swimming tournament will be judged according to the FINA rules. You can find them here.
A more detailed program for the tournament will follow.
Registration opens autumn 2020. The participation fee for EGLSF-members is 90 Euros and 120 Euros for non-members.
When you sign up as an athlete for EuroGames 2021, you will have plenty of benefits and offers at our International mega event, Copenhagen 2021.
- You will participate in a professionally organized tournament
- You can be a part of the EuroGames Opening Ceremony on Wednesday, August 18
- You can be part of the EuroGames Closing Ceremony and take part in the WorldPride Parade on Saturday, August 21
- You have access to the Sports Village
- You have access to affordable accommodation in Copenhagen and Malmö
- You have affordable fees for public transportation in Copenhagen and Malmö
- You have access to pre-sale tickets for signature parties
- You have access to a lot of sports, human rights, arts, and cultural events in Copenhagen and Malmö from August 12 – 22, 2021
The swimming tournament will take place at Bellahøj Aqua Arena in Copenhagen. The venue is only 20 minutes away from Copenhagen City Center by bike or 15 minutes with public transport.
Besides the swimming competition, the water polo tournament will be located at Bellahøj Aqua Arena as well and the handball tournament will take place at Bellahøj Hallerne just next to the Arena.
All of the above is subject to change.