Chinese trans people suffer from serious mental health problems, but lack access to gender-affirming mental health services and social supports, and encounter conversion therapy. To promote trans mental health, Trans Well-being Team has run a project for three years with five activities:
1. Provide free gender-affirming psychological counseling and hotline services;
2. Organize community activities to increase community and peer supports;
3. Perform researches to find out factors that influence trans mental health.
4. Train psychological counselors to provide gender-affirming services and form a network.
5. Advocate publishers to revise textbooks contents about trans. This project has made some progress.
Trans Well-being Team