Join our inclusive volunteer community – sign up here!
Copenhagen 2021 won’t be possible without volunteers. More than 3,000 volunteers will create the most significant LGBTI+ event in the world for more than 750,000 guests and 6,500 athletes right in the middle of Copenhagen and Malmö.
Roles and opportunities
When logging in to our volunteer system you can see all available opportunities – note that more roles will become available as we get closer to the event.
Most of the shifts are during the event (12-22 August 2021) and will be located in Copenhagen and/or Malmö, but there are also opportunities to engage as a long-term volunteer in the months leading up to the event.
What does it take for me to volunteer?
First, we need to make sure you are eligible to volunteer. You must be a citizen of Denmark or another European Union or EEA country. Please check the rules on who can and who cannot volunteer.
We won’t hide the fact that volunteering at Copenhagen 2021 can be hard work, and you should expect to get sweat on your head along the way. But on the other hand, volunteering is incredibly rewarding and meaningful and you become part of an incredible LGBTI+ event!
To be a volunteer at Copenhagen 2021 you have to give a minimum of 12 hours work (2 shifts), but if you can do more, then that’s great!
What do I get from being a volunteer?
When we talk to volunteers about why they signed up, we often hear:
- I get a professional benefit from it
- It is fun to work on something meaningful with others
- I develop personally and learn new skills
- I meet new people and become part of new communities
- It is good for my resumé
- I can use my skills to do something good for a good cause
As a little extra bonus, all volunteers receive:
- Food and drinks when working
- A clothing package relative to the number of hours they contribute
- A sustainable drinking bottle
- Discount at selected bars and restaurants
- Unique social and other activities before, during and after the event
Sign up now
You can sign up here!